The Ph.D. core curriculum will provide students with a fundamental knowledge of cutting-edge biomedical science combined with an understanding of how to practically apply this knowledge to research and the business world.
Required Core Courses (25 credit hours)
- BMSC 6010Experimental Approaches in Biomedical Research (2)
- BMSC 8000Translational Immunology (4)
- BMSC 8010Host-Microbial Interactions in Health and Disease (4)
- BMSC 8030Project Management & Compliance (2)
- BMSC 8050Business Aspects of Translational Medicine (2)
- BMSC 8060Effective Science Communication (3)
- BMSC 8675Molecular Virology (4)
- BMSC 8100Molecular Medicine of Disease (4)
Required Elective Courses (12 credit hours)
- BMSC 6100Disease Models in Biomedical Research (3)
- BMSC 8710Advanced Topics in Translational Biomedical Science* (3)
- Students have the opportunity to select additional elective options in consultation with the Director of Graduate Studies.
Required Research (73+ credit hours)
- BMSC 8800Ph.D. Research
- BMSC 8810Supervised Research
Advanced topics courses marked with an asterisk (*) can be repeated for credit only if the section subtopic is not also repeated.